Monday, August 25, 2025

T-12

 In 12 more hours, my child I have dreamed of for more than a decade 

Will no longer be snuggled underneath my skin, but instead in my arms (IA)

Surreal, still.

I am 39 weeks today. Baby is just as stubborn as me, breech and refusing to turn despite me doing everything in my power to convince him. 

Last time we saw him, his head was cradled right under my rib cage, he was facing left, one leg in my left pelvis, the other in my left rib. We don't even know how he's managing the moves in there.

But, I won't have to guess anymore. I'll have him here, in front of me. Living breathing tangible. 

I don't know how I'm feeling. Shocked scared numb excited overwhelmed. I'm ready and not ready. 

Bismillah. Let this new story begin.

5 comments:

BH said...

A life changing moment for sure! I hope it's all been good and you are now living all those dreams you've had. So happy for you!

E said...

It's been bittersweet. S isn't sober still and having relapses. Been very hard. But baby Sufi is here and those are dreams I'm definitely living through. Alhamdolilah

E said...

Hope you've been doing well too.

E said...

Hope you've been doing well too.

BH said...

Thats such a lovely name! Congratulations E!! So very happy to hear that everything went well. I can imagine its not been easy and perhaps it wont be easy for some time but atleast you have your son to keep you going now. I know you'll be very happy with him